- Catherine has recently been introduced to Dinosaur Train. She can now identify more dinosaurs that I can. I should jump on this interest and put together an awesome "study" for her. I even have ideas for it: hands on dinosaur toys (currently on sale), various coloring pages (check out this cool triceratops, and just check out how many dinosaur crafts pop up on Pinterest. I just have no energy and constantly feel like throwing up, so I have no idea how to actually make this work.
- For those of you keeping track, I am now in week 14 of this pregnancy. Baby's heartbeat is good and strong. Theoretically, I should be feeling better any day now. Theoretically.
- Despite my current inability to do . . . well, anything really, I have a strong desire to browse a craft store. I hear there's a Michael's somewhere near by . . .
- Back to dinosaurs, every time I hear "paleontologist" I think of Ross from Friends.
- In a "bad mama" moment I forgot to bring my camera to my cousin's wedding, the one where Catherine was the Most Adorable Flower Girl Ever. (It was a really awesome wedding!)
- If you were curious, going to the DMV while in the throes of morning sickness isn't a whole lot of fun.
- Yeah, that's all that I have for today. If you need more Quick Takes go visit Jen's blog and see what everyone else has to say!
Friday, September 27, 2013
Saturday, September 14, 2013
1. Morning sickness sucks.
2. Before I start complaining, because that's what the rest of this post really is, I should make a couple of things perfectly clear. I am so incredibly thrilled to be pregnant. I truly believe it is an amazing blessing from God. I know so many wonderful people are out there that would do just about anything to have the blessings that I have. I would gladly be sick as a dog for the entire pregnancy to hold my baby at the end.
3. Being sick still sucks.
4. Morning sickness pretty much has been my identity for the past six and a half weeks. It has controlled every aspect of my life. Whether I can sit, stand, walk, is all dictated by how sick I am. I am constantly only one sneeze, cough, laugh, smell, or wrong move from puking. (Forget going out about town, exercise, playing at the park, or even cooking and cleaning.)
5. Maybe it's just me, but I found this post by Heather to be awesome. (Yes, it's about morning sickness.)
6. I'm just about convinced that I will feel sick forever. Forever and ever and ever and ever . . .
7. I love this shirt. It just cracks me up. Sadly, I'm way too cheap to spend that much on a t-shirt for myself. (Hey, this Quick Take wasn't complaining about the never-ending morning sickness that I have! Oh, wait . . . I guess I just did.)