Friday, April 19, 2013
7 Quick Takes
My sweet two year old is very talkative. Here are some of the things that I've heard recently:
1. " I don't think I like ostriches so much." There's no context for this one. She just said it out of the blue.
2. "I'm playing the jump out of the boat game!" The couch was the boat.
3. Me: "No, you can't have candy now. Maybe one piece after lunch." Catherine, after a brief pause to think: "I don't like that one bit."
4. While I'm washing dishes: "Watch out for the rats, Mommy!" She saw Ratatouille over Easter.
5. "Mommy! Mommy! There are dinosaurs in the kitchen!" If only they did dishes . . .
6. "Can we sing the Happy Birthday Cake song?"
7. To wrap things up, my personal favorite (I was washing dishes and she was playing in the living room): "Don't worry Mommy, I won't fall!" Yep, I stopped washing dishes immediately and we had a long talk about standing on the arms of desk chairs.
What are some of the funny/crazy/bizarre things your kids have said?