Today is scary article linking day!
1. I am by no means "crunchy". I am also by no means a "health nut". But I have to say, the more I read and learn the more the more I find myself leaning towards those lifestyles.
2. I've never been big fan of Chicken McNuggets, but did you know that only half of the nugget is actually meat? (Read more here.) Or that Aunt Jemima Blueberry Pancakes actually have no blueberries! (See here.)
3. Kraft recently was big proponent in getting previously banned (toxic) meat preservatives re-instated. (Here's that story.)
4. As my daily entries in My Fitness Pal so cruelly show me, just one can of my beloved Dr. Pepper puts me well over my recommended sugar consumption for the day. (And don't even get me started on how terrible diet pop is for you!)
5. This article, which gives me concerns about Johnson & Johnson has been floating around Facebook the past couple of days.
6. Oh, and don't forget that Monsanto's BT Corn is a registered pesticide! I hadn't heard a whole lot about Monsanto until after I saw this post on Facebook.
7. Good grief, even the "safe" and "green" light bulbs are a threat! (Here's that story.)
Visit Jen for more Quick Takes.