This post contains affiliate links.
1. It's Olympics time!
2. I am a pretty big fan of The Biggest Loser. I think the show has encouraged hundreds of thousands of people to live a healthier life, and plain and simple, I think that's good. However, I feel compelled to comment on this season's winner, Rachel. She went too far. I really hope it's simply because she is such a competitive person and not because she developed a false idea of "healthy". Bob and Jillian tweeted a very "public relationy" statement; however, one look at their faces when Rachel stepped on the scale speaks volumes. Do you watch the show? What did you think?
3. Porcupine's 33 week check-up was yesterday. (This week's Baby Bump pictures are here.) I love hearing his little heartbeat! Now that his car seat has arrived I feel like there isn't too much to worry about. I do still have to do his laundry and put the crib together (well, daddy will do that), but those things aren't too difficult and won't take much time. When did you "finish" getting ready for your second child?
4. I can't wait until I can read again. Since I've been pregnant I can't read more than a couple of pages without becoming nauseous. (Unless it has lots and lots of pictures.) My "need to read" list is growing! Close to the top of the list are the Heroes of Olympus books I haven't read yet: The Mark of Athena and The House of Hades. I'm not the only one that loves the kid and young adult sections of the library, right?
5. I blogged a little about Reading Eggs already this week, but right now I have to say I am loving the program! (Get a free five week trial here!) Catherine is just so much more excited about our "learning time" this week than she's been in a while. Granted, my being so sick this pregnancy has certainly negatively affected my ability to present things to her in fun and creative ways . . .
6. This shirt cracks me up. (Get one here.)