This post contains affiliate links.
For such an easy knitting project finishing this cowl has been quite a journey. It started when I was following a different pattern that wasn't completely ribbed. I didn't like the way it curled so I frogged it. (I think the curl effect doesn't work as well with the thick and textured Homespun yarn. In my humble opinion, of course.) Then I decided to make a cowl that simply was ribbed all around. Well, I made a rookie mistake and accidentally twisted my foundation. I didn't notice until I was a couple of inches into the cowl. Whoops! So I frogged it again. The third time was a charm though!
Yarn: Homespun by Lion Brand
Needles: Circular 8 mm
- Cast on 100 stitches on circular needles.
- Check to make sure your work isn't twisted.
- Check again. Seriously.
- Round One: Knit two, purl two all the way around.
- Check once more that your work isn't twisted.
- Round Two: Repeat round one. (Knit in all knit stitches and purl in a purl stitches.)
- Continue until you reach your desired size, mine is about 12 inches tall.
- Cast off and weave in ends.
This is super cozy, warm, and soft. It's a great project for a beginner. It's quick to make. I think it would make a great handmade gift for a loved one this Christmas.