This scarf is a bit of an experiment. I am using this Reversible Cable Pattern from Treasures Made From Yarn, although I am tweaking it (of course) because the pattern is for a dishcloth and I'm making a scarf. I started with a size J hook and some Simply Soft yarn from my stash (picked up at a yard sale for fifty cents!), but decided after a couple of rows that it was too lose. I went down to an H hook, but then needed to play with the width again. After a couple of unravelings I found a number that I was happy with (I think 30+2 for the foundation chain).
I am still a little undecided whether or not I like how it is turning out. The actual working of the pattern is a little messy, for lack of a better term. At this point I think that blocking will make quite a difference, but we shall see. I might just need to have more rows for the pattern to really pop.
I'm also working on some awesome projects with the supplies that I received from Banglewood Crafts. Here's just a little teaser!
I will be sharing this post at the following:
Frontier Dreams with Nicole
Work In Progress with Tami
Yarn Along with Ginny