1. Ah, the pregnancy insomnia. You have to *love* how everyone always comments, "Get your sleep now, dear, you're going to miss it." I already miss it. I'm just praying Porcupine sleeps better than his sister. She was a terrible sleeper. It doesn't help that I've been having a plethora of bizarre and just plain odd dreams. Last night I dreamed I was at my childhood library -- which hasn't even been a library in over a decade (maybe longer). I think the last time I visited my hometown it was a carpet store, but I could be mistaken. Other dreams are downright creepy.
2. I have a small gripe with Disney. My daughter received some very awesome princess dresses and accessories for Christmas from various generous family members. Many of the jewelry pieces are falling apart. (It hasn't even been a month yet!) Let me be very clear, this is not from misuse or abuse. The inlaid "gems" and such just simply fall out. Obviously, these are all easy fixes and once I get my craft room under control I'll use my craft glue and they will be better than new. (Literally, since I'll use a small dab of E-6000 and that stuff is permanent, unlike whatever was originally used.)
3. I'm going to frog this cowl today. I just don't like the way the edge curls. I am going to re-do it entirely as a rib knit. I know that it only curls up just a teeny bit, but this is something that I want to wear and I just don't think I'd wear it much if I'm not completely happy with it. (Like my Neon Flamingo scarf that I showed you on Wednesday -- I'm going to turn that one into an infinity scarf. It will take five minutes and I'll wear it more often because I'll be happier with it.)
4. A random fact about me: I just might be a little bit addicted to Wii Tetris. Anyone else out there have a similar confession?
5. Yes, the following is an affiliate link, but I do want to share that Craftsy will be having a flash sale this weekend. This weekend you can choose from over 50 classes in 14 categories that are up to 50% off and start learning from the comfort of your own home. Categories include cooking, photography, sewing, quilting, fine art, knitting, and more! Check out the flash sale (tomorrow) here: Craftsy Flash Sale 1/18-1/19.
6. Here's a snippet of my day yesterday:
Catherine: "I got marker on my hands."Later:
Me: "That's fine. When you're finished coloring you can wash your hands."
Catherine: "I'm not coloring. I am marking."
Me: "Well, yes . . ."
Catherine: "Do you want to take another shower today?"
Me: "No. I'm fine. I had a shower this morning."
Catherine: "Did you wash everything?"
Me: "Yes, dear."
Catherine: "Are you sure you washed your face?"
Me: "Yes. Why? Is there something on my face?"
Catherine: "No. I just wanted to watch another show."
(She is allowed to watch something on Netflix -- no commercials and I know exactly what it is -- while I shower. It keeps her safely occupied and I generally get an uninterrupted shower. Totally a win-win in my book. I just completely didn't see where she was going with this conversation! Especially since I've been rather generous in allowing her t.v. time this pregnancy.)
7. My parents are coming to visit this weekend and we are going to celebrate Christmas! Personally, I rather love how this naturally keeps us in the Christmas spirit throughout the whole season. (I know that technically the Christmas season ended Sunday.) We still have all of our decorations up. I'll probably work on putting it away next week. When do you pack all the Christmas stuff away?
For more Quick Takes visit Jen!