The flower girl's capes were handmade by the bride and myself. The bride cut out all of the pieces. (Which was awesome, because I find the cutting part to be so tedious plus being just days away from my third trimester I had zero desire to lay everything out nicely on the floor.) Once she cut the pieces I was able to sew the pieces together fairly quickly.
- Unfinished edges of fake fur shed. Like crazy. Be warned.
- We did use a pattern, it was Butterick 5809 view B -- the detachable cape.
- We made a total of five capes, four size 4 and one size 2. Catherine's cape is a size 4 and seems pretty true to size. (At least as much as a cape needs to be.)
- We ditched the collar that was called for by the pattern and simply added ribbon for a bow.
- I only top-stitched around the collar.
Here's a picture of the back of the cape mid-dance. Catherine is a dancing queen when it comes to weddings -- she simply doesn't stop! (Her hair is tucked under the cape in this picture.)
I am very happy with the end results. All of the girls looked absolutely adorable. AND we didn't break the bank!
I just started a Google+ account for the blog and I'd love to have you follow me!
I love sharing my projects! Check out these Crafty Links!