For more Quick Takes visit Jen!
1. I think I've developed a slight obsession with Red Velvet Cake this pregnancy. I think the last ten pins I've opened on Pinterest have somehow involved Red Velvet something (cookies, brownies, cheesecake, cheesecake brownies, etc.). I haven't actually eaten anything with "Red Velvet" in it's name this pregnancy, but if anything that has only increased my desire!
2. How many times have you read Peter Rabbit this week?
3. I love the smell of baking bread. I also love having a bread maker. I've done absolutely minimal cooking this pregnancy, thanks to just about everything making me sick, but I did manage to throw together a loaf of bread yesterday and it was delicious. (My husband has been really wonderfully understanding with my inability to cook and has been phenomenal about getting home from a long day at work and then getting dinner together -- thanks, Honey!)
|Image Source: Free Digital Photos|
5. The most difficult thing we need to do is convince Catherine to give up the crib mattress. She has a "big girl" bed (complete with a nice mattress of it's own), but she much prefers sleeping on the crib mattress on the floor. Since she actually sleeps quite well this way my hubby and I didn't really care, but the poor girl now has a time limit. (She also can be a bit of a wild sleeper . . . but that's another issue entirely.)
6. I started making a leather wrap bracelet yesterday, but it turned into a complete fail. It is a salvageable fail, but for yesterday it counted as a complete and utter fail. My beading needle was too thick -- I just need to finish unpacking and cleaning my craft room. I didn't have suitable workstation -- I felt sick and was working on the couch. I didn't have a clamp to hold my work steady -- even a clipboard would work, I just felt too sick to find one. All of these are easy things to fix, and once my "morning" sickness goes away I should be just fine. Knitting and crocheting make better couch crafts.
|At first I was going to use some basic pearl beads for my (failed) bracelet, but then I thought that these Coke Bottle Recycled Glass Beads from Happy Mango Beads would be much more unique. (They are the ones in front of Catherine's mouth. Isn't she a Silly Goose?)|
7. I'm super excited about the Valentine's Day Giveaway that I will be hosting! It will start next week and the prize is from Origami Owl!